Saturday 24 January 2015

V-Strom Hand-guard LED Lighting

This was something I did back in 2010 to increase the night-time visibility of the strom.
Firstly I had purchased an additional set of hand-guards to fix the winter guards to (see my other post for this) so I decided to use this pair to also install the lighting in to, leaving a stock set of hand-guards should I ever need them.


First was to buy some white LED waterproof strips from eBay
Mark the holes required on the hand-guard

Fit the strip from the inside

This allows the surface of the rubber housing to be pretty much flush with the plastic


Secure in place with silicone

The finished install.  Looks good imo

The effect is very 'Multistrada' esque

I powered them by tapping in to the parking lights on the strom 
They are even effective during daylight hours 
At dusk

At night

I like the way they add width to the bike, and studies show that this is seen much clearer by other road users at night

No comments:

Post a Comment